The Logistics Association of Australia (LAA) and the Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport Australia (CILTA) proudly partner to present the Australian Supply Chain and Logistics Awards in Perth, Western Australia on the 17th November 2006.
The partnership of LAA and CILTA, the two pre-eminent associations representing professionals working in, and in support of, the Supply Chain and Logistics Industries, make these proud and historic Awards unambiguously the most prestigious and influential in the Industry.
An extensive range of Awards will be offered including the following categories.
- Mack Trucks Australia Young Transport and Logistics
- Professional Award
- Transport and Logistics Achiever of the Year
- Transport and Logistics Achievement of the Year
- Manufacturing Logistics
- Information Management
- Environmental Excellence
- Supply Chain Management
- Storage and Handling of Materials
- Training Education and Development
2005 Winners included Siemens/ Masterfoods NZ, Mercury Advisory Group, P&O Ports Limited, TNT Logistics (Australia) United Book Distributors, CHEP Australia, Coca-Cola Amatil (Australia), and Mathew Pendry of TNT Logistics, Aaron Shelley of BOC, Mick McShea of QR, Hunter Valley Coal Chain Logistics Team.
- Submissions will be assessed in accordance with the criteria defined for each award category.
- Wherever possible a member of the awards committee will visit the nominee to assess the subject of the nomination.
- Submissions must indicate the award for which the entry is nominated.
- The nomination must be for demonstrable excellence, not proposals or partly implemented projects.
- Assessment of the submissions will consider:
1. Relevance to the award criteria.
2. Achievements of the submission with regard to the attainment of stated objectives
3. Innovation and/or unique concepts
- Achievements of the submission in terms of contribution to the organisation/s involved, the industry, the economy and/or the environment.
- Whether the submission is for individual, personal development and career achievement.
- Customer service, market offer/reality.
- Where more than one organisation is involved in the submission, achievements of total supply chain effectiveness.
- Sustainability of the submission subject.
- Quality assurance systems, and key performance indicators.
- Organisation/customer specific attributes.
- Creativeness and professionalism.
All industry organisations and practitioners regardless of where they are placed in the industry are strongly encouraged to participate in this groundbreaking recognition of innovation and excellence culminating in an exciting event in November 2006 at Burswood Casino and Conference Centre, Perth.