Stoneworking is a demanding work application that enables materials such as marble, granite and quartz composite among other surfaces realise their full aesthetic potential after meticulous surface treatment.
In addition to knowledge and manual skills, workers also need the right working tools, especially tools designed for wet grinding and characterised by power, robustness as well as longevity. The stoneworking tools must also be designed for safe operation, especially in outdoor environments.
Suhner UXK 4-R power angle grinders
Developed by Otto Suhner GmbH, the new range of power angle grinders meets these requirements while offering powerful performance.
Key features of Suhner’s wet grinding tools:
- Delivers 1000W for a constant torque on the workpiece over the whole speed range of 1800 – 4000 rpm
- Water rate can be metered finely and is supplied directly through the rustproof spindle
- Connection to the water supply is in the form of a conventional quick coupling system
- Exhaust air is directed away from the user under an angle of 45º
- Ergonomic design enables the user to guide the tool easily
- Choice of grinding and polishing attachments from a range of nine different 100mm diamond grinding wheels for wet grinding
- Velcro fasteners accelerate attachment changes
Suhner UXK 4-R power angle grinders incorporate a number of features to facilitate maximum possible safety for the user during operation.
- Thermal circuit breaker and under-voltage protection
- Tool will not automatically activate following a power outage even if it has been left switched on
- Digital electronics regulates the speed continuously and keeps it constant under load
- Gentle start-up makes the work less strenuous for the operator and the attachment
- Additional insulation
- One of two safety assemblies: PRCD or isolation transformer
Demo services directly on site
Mobile demo services are provided by Suhner utilising experienced practitioners who offer specialist advice free of charge. The demo vehicle carries all the conventional tools, attachments and abrasives.