The Association is a chapter of the Storage Networking Industry Association which is based in the United States. It is the primary source of vendor-neutral educational material, storage standards and best practices, and independent training and certification.
The SNIA ANZ aims to develop and promote standards, technologies, and educational services to empower organisations involved in information management.
Key focus areas of the Association are:
- expansion of availability of SNIA education
- increased awareness of the value of the SNIA certification programme
- improve access to educational information through delivering a diverse event programme
- promoting the value of membership to all storage professionals
- maintaining a technology neutral position that will be fair to all SNIA ANZ members
- marketing through SNIA ANZ members to advance the adoption of storage networking and information management in Australia and New Zealand