Rack safety audits and inspections are an important and necessary aspect of warehouse management.
Storage racks can change over time due to damage, reconfigured components or extensions. Ensuring that storage systems are safe, fully documented and compliant with current standards is necessary in the context of increasing government regulation to improve occupational health and safety.
Storage Ideas has a team of highly-trained professionals who can, through review and identification of necessary repairs, ensure storage systems meet the necessary standards and safety requirements.
Depending on the application, two levels of service are available to ensure a safe working environment:
- Rack audits provide a comprehensive overview of storage system condition and what needs to be fixed, including independent certification of the storage system
- Rack inspections are regular visual inspections to identify and categorise damage and enhance in-house inspections by providing an independent third party report
- Any unapproved changes to the ‘As Built’ installation drawing
- Structural integrity of any unapproved changes
- Safe Working Load signage appropriately displayed on relevant bays of racking
- Damage to rack uprights
- Damage to footplates and floor fixings
- Condition of any splices
- Correct installation of the rack
- Condition of horizontal and diagonal braces on rack frames
- Damage to beams
- Beam connectors and safety clips
- Weld cracks on beams that have incurred impact damage or overloading
- Any overloading of the rack
- Use of any damaged or inappropriate pallets that could compromise safety