In spite of careful operation, forklifts frequently collide with racking. While worst-case scenarios involving a rack collapse are rare, impact damage weakens the racking structure, compromising its load carrying capacity and potentially putting both property and life at risk.
Colby Protect-a-Rack is a range of rack protection systems designed by Dematic that can be fitted to just about every competing brand of drive-in or selective pallet racking. The rack protection system reduces the potential for OH&S hazards and minimises ongoing rack maintenance costs.
The certified and patented Colby Protect-a-Rack outperforms traditional steel and plastic rack protection systems through clever design that ensures the impact forces are transferred into the rack at its strongest point i.e. the brace nodes. The Colby Protect-a-Rack is unique, innovatively designed and easy to install.
Key benefits of Colby Protect-a-Rack rack protection systems:
- Heavy duty steel ensures long life and heavy duty protection
- Versatile design fits almost any type of racking
- Simple, fast and cost-effective installation
- Streamlined design maximises clear bay entry
- Tapered surfaces deflect impacts and simplify bay entries
- Provides side and rear upright protection by wrapping around upright
- Bolted to upright, eliminating need for masonry anchors