Stirlings Australia - Global Metals Distributor offers Alloy 2205 stainless steel tubes that are manufactured to Australian Standard ASTM A789.
These 2205 stainless steel tubes are particularly suited to corrosive environments and can replace 316 stainless steel in these instances.
Alloy 2205 is 22% Chromium, 3% Molybdenum, 5-6% Nickel nitrogen alloyed duplex stainless steel. It features high general, localised and stress corrosion resistance properties as well as high strength and outstanding impact toughness.
Alloy 2205 stainless steel tubes also have lower thermal expansion and higher thermal conductivity than 316L or 317L austenitic stainless steels.
These alloy stainless steel tubes are suitable for a range of applications including:
- Pressure vessels, tanks, piping, and heat exchangers in the chemical processing industry
- Piping, tubing and heat exchangers for the handling of gas and oil
- Pulp and paper industry digesters, bleaching equipment, and stock handling systems
- Rotors, fans, shafts, and press rolls requiring strength and corrosion resistance
- Effluent scrubbing systems
- Ship and truck cargo tanks
- Food processing equipment; and
- Biofuel plants