Step Global Pty Ltd presents the Vega RFID readers built around the award-winning, high performance M5e UHF RFID module.
Designed to meet the harsh environmental operating standards required for use in trucks and automobiles (in vehicle RFID readers), Vega RFID readers are ideal for deployment in a wide variety of indoor and outdoor applications.
Vega RFID readers are also available in a version to support applications that call for the maximum permissible output power allowed by EU regulations. The Vega reader utilises a local personal computer (not included) to provide command and control via its RS-232 serial interface.
Key features of Vega RFID readers:
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) with anti-collision, DRM and advanced anti-jamming
- Three reverse-TNC antenna ports support monostatic 50 Ohm antennas
- 9-pin serial connector supports RS232 with asynchronous data rates up to 921.6 kbps
- 2 general purpose inputs and one output, accessible via Molex connector
- Certification obtained, or in process for the following regions: North and South America, EU, Korea and other Asia-PAC countries
- Confirmed to meet in-vehicle standards
- Error-free read performance in vehicles with hundreds of tagged assets including tools, electronic and IT equipment, and appliance spare parts
- Dimensions: 21.6cm x 13.3cm x 3.8cm