Step Global 's Mercury5e is an embedded version of the RFID core Mercury5 UHF RFID reader. A similar size to the PCMCIA Type II PC card, the reader module concentrates Mercury5's performance into a small package so that the ThingMagic RFID can fit into your own device.
The Mercury5e was designed for adding UHF RFID reader/ writer capabilities to a wide range of devices including high speed label printers, inline testing, mobile and handheld computers.
Mercury5e RFID reader modules have a variety of features:
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) tag protocol with anti-collision, DRM, and advanced anti-jamming capabilities
- Independently settable read and write transmit levels, adjustable from 5 dBm to 30 dBm (1W) with an accuracy of +/- 1 dBm
- Support for full 860 to 960 MHz UHF RFID carrier frequency range to accommodate worldwide regulations
- Two antenna connectors supporting one bistatic antenna or two monostatic antennas
- Maximum tag read distance of over 30 feet (9 m) with 6 dBi antenna
- Maximum tag read rate of over 170 tags per second
- TTL level asynchronous data interface supporting speeds up to 921.6 kbps
- Certifiable for operation in countries adopting FCC, ETSI and Korean regulatory specifications (others pending)
- 4 GPIO lines controlled through data interface
- Operating temperature range of -20ºC to +60ºC