The M5e-Compact from Step Global Pty Ltd is the smallest ThingMagic Mercury embedded UHF RFID reader - about the same size as a compact flash card.
This RFID reader module is ideal for adding UHF RFID read/write capabilities to battery-powered mobile printers and hand-held readers, where small size and low power consumption are essential and where the higher RF power and advanced anti-jamming capabilities of the Mercury5e module are not required.
Features of the Mercury5e-Compact RFID reader module include:
- Support for EPCglobal Gen 2 (ISO 18000-6C) tag protocol with anti-collision, and DRM capabilities
- One antenna port supporting a monostatic antenna
- Independently settable read and write transmit level, adjustable from 10 dBm to 23 dBm with an accuracy of +/- 1 dBm
- Support for full 860 to 960 MHz UHF RFID carrier frequency range to accommodate worldwide regulations
- Certifiable for operation in countries adopting FCC, ETSI and Korean regulatory specifications (others pending)
- TTL level asynchronous data interface supporting speeds up to 921.6 kbps
- Operating temperature range of -20 C to +60 C
- Maximum tag read rate of over 160 tags per second
- Maximum tag read distance of over 20 feet (6 m) with 12 dBi antenna
- 4 GPIO lines controlled through data interface