The LMU-2000 by CalAmp, available from Step Global Pty Ltd is an economical, full-featured GPS vehicle tracking product designed for simple and reliable installation in automobiles.
Vehicle tracking solutions from Step Global Pty Ltd feature the LMU-2000 unit, which is suitable for automotive insurance, driver behaviour management, auto rental, easy-install fleet management and automotive applications when access to the vehicle diagnostics interface (OBD-II) is required.
Featuring a small size, superior GPS design, OBD-II interface, and a 3-axis accelerometer, the LMU-2000 is able to access vehicle diagnostic interface data, track vehicle speed and location, and also detect hard braking, cornering or acceleration. The LMU-2000 vehicle tracking unit is designed to dramatically reduce cost, power and size while significantly improving field reliability in 12-volt passenger or light-duty vehicles.
Superior internal antennas for both WWAN and GPS eliminate the need for professional installation, making the LMU-2000 quick, easy and inexpensive to install. Messages are transported across the 2G and NextG network using enhanced SMS or UDP messaging providing a reliable communications link between the device and application servers.
Key features of LMU-2000 GPS vehicle tracking units:
- OBD-II plug for power and ground with ignition sense
- Packet data (GPRS, CDMA 1xRTT or HSPA) and SMS-based messaging
- Internal 200 mAh backup battery
- Internal 2G/NextG and GPS antennas
- Super sensitive GPS (-162 dBm tracking)
- Ultra-low power sleep mode (<3mA)
- 3-axis accelerometer for driver behaviour and impact detection
- Voltage monitoring and low battery notification
- 20,0000 buffered messages
- 32 built-in geo-fences, plus any combination of circle or polygon zones, up to 5400 points
- Garmin FMI compatible interface