Step Global Pty Ltd presents Astra integrated RFID readers designed for simple and unobtrusive installation in offices and commercial environments.
Astra RFID readers are integrated UHF RFID reader/antennas driven by ThingMagic’s powerful Mercury5e UHF RFID reader module with Astra’s PoE and Wi-Fi options allowing for flexible low cost, single cable installations.
Astra integrated RFID readers offer full support for ThingMagic’s enterprise-class MercuryOS software. The small form factor allows Astra to blend in well with corporate IT infrastructures and office layouts.
Key features of Astra integrated RFID readers:
- High performance, EPCglobal Generation 2.0 (ISO 18000-6C) support with anti-collision, Dense Reader Mode (DRM) and advanced anti-jamming functionality
- PoE capability reduces cabling and electrical outlet proximity requirements
- Wi-Fi option provides low cost integration with existing enterprise Wi-Fi networks
- Supports enterprise Wi-Fi security standards including TKIP, AES and EAP-TLS
- Integrated 865-956 MHz circularly-polarised antenna with 6 dBiL gain and 65º beamwidth
- ThingMagic’s MercuryOS software for application development, network management and security
- 16MB of flash and 32MB of RAM available for reader-hosted applications
- Read range up to 30 feet for Generation 2 UHF RFID tags
- Read rate over 190 tags per second
- External antenna port for an additional antenna
- Easy-to-use Development Kit for customised applications, settings, deployments and management
- Small form factor of 10.2” H x 10.2” W x 3” D