Stainelec Hydraulic Equipment introduces the new RD8-20 cordless wire straighteners from Edilgrappa of Italy.
Stainelec is the sole Australian agent for Edilgrappa, an Italian company specialising in the manufacture of high quality hydraulic tools for the building, industrial and electrical segments.
Edilgrappa's new RD8-20 cordless rebar and wire rope straighteners are fully portable hydraulic tools designed for simple straightening of coiled wire materials such as hard drawn copper, twisted copper wires, wire rod material and wire ropes.
The RD8-20 was specifically developed for use in factory environments and on-site applications to provide the operator a more user-friendly and ergonomic experience. The tool delivers a high level of safety for above ground work situations with aerial conductors.
Being OH&S compliant, the RD8-20 straightener has a unique double-acting hydraulic operation with the ram enabling the unit to have an ‘inching’ operation from the forward and reverse directional operation trigger switch, allowing full control for the operator to straighten the material more easily.
Model RD8-20 is ideal for railway overhead cabling installations for straightening hard drawn copper wire conductors.
Key features of Edilgrappa's RD8-20 cordless wire straighteners:
- Location point provided to attach the safety strap in overhead situations
- Extremely portable with a capacity of 25mm diameter for hard drawn copper and twisted copper conductors
- Capacity of 20mm diameter for materials such as rebar, wire rope and steel rod material
- Powered by 18 volt 3.5 A/Hr NKL HLD batteries, allowing over 2 hours of continuous use
- Supplied with 2 batteries, a fast 1-hour charger and carry case
- Weighs only 8.3kg including the battery