Stainelec Hydraulic Equipment introduces a new range of cordless bar and cable straighteners from Edilgrappa of Italy.
Edilgrappa has been developing and manufacturing high quality hydraulic tools for the building, industrial and electrical segments since 1976 and also specialises in rescue tools.
Manufactured in Italy, Edilgrappa's new RD8-20 cordless wire straighteners are a range of fully portable hydraulic tools designed for easily straightening coiled wire materials such as hard drawn copper, twisted copper wires, wire rod material and wire ropes.
Developed specifically for use in factories and on-site applications, Edilgrappa's RD8-20 cordless wire straighteners offer user-friendly and ergonomic operation in addition to greater safety for aboveground work situations with aerial conductors. The tool can be used with a safety harness strap to prevent accidents during overhead work.
The RD8-20 straightener has a unique double-acting hydraulic operation with the ram enabling the unit to have an ‘inching’ operation from the forward and reverse directional operation trigger switch, allowing full control for the operator to straighten the material more easily.
Key features of Edilgrappa's RD8-20 cordless wire straighteners:
- Location point provided to attach the safety strap in overhead work situations
- Cordless design is extremely portable
- Capacity of 25mm diameter for hard drawn copper and twisted copper conductors
- Capacity of 20mm diameter for rebar, wire rope and steel rod material
- OH&S compliant
- Weighs 8.3kg
- Powered by 18 volt 3.5 A/Hr NKL HLD batteries to allow for over 2 hours of continuous use
- Supplied with 2 batteries, a fast 1-hour charger and a carry case