The WhirlJet SprayDry Nozzle, available from Spraying Systems Co , is a large orifice spray drying nozzle and produces a hollow cone spray pattern with uniform drop distribution to ensure consistent particle size and reduce product wastage.
The body of the WhirlJet SprayDry Nozzle is constructed from stainless steel and features a tungsten carbide whirl chamber to resist corrosion and wear. Orifice inserts are also constructed from carbide, however both of these parts can be fabricated from other materials for specific applications.
Ideal for producing large particle sizes in high volume spray drying applications, interchangeable orifice inserts and whirlchambers on these spray dry nozzles allow users to select a nozzle that fits their exact application needs. Ideal applications for the WhirlJet include spray drying of:
- soaps and detergents
- dyes and pigments
- coffee and tea
- plastics and resins
- fertilizers and pesticides
The AA104 uses a stainless steel lock screw to securely hold the whirlchamber against the orifice insert during high pressure spray drying applications, while the Type SSTC, designed for quick and easy assembly, uses a stainless steel spring to hold the whirlchamber against the orifice insert.
Key specifications for WhirlJet spray drying nozzles include:
- flow rates: 16.1 gph at 100 psi to 3019 gph @ 5000 psi(61.5 l/h at 7 bar to 11,340 l/h at 340 bar)
- spray angle: 19° to 104° at 1000 psi (70 bar)
- maximum pressure: Type AA104: 5000 psi (340 bar) and Type SSTC: 1000 psi (70 bar)
- maximum temperature: 538°C for optional aluminum gasket
- whirlchamber: slope-bottom and flat-bottom designs available
- inlet connections: 1/4", 3/8" and 1/2" NPT or BSPT.