To achieve compliance with OHS and Environment Protection legislation all foreseeable incidents must be considered and contingency plans put in place to offset the identified spill control risks.
Taking a whole-life view of your onsite liquids and spill control is the most effective way of coming to grips with the issue:
- Are spill kits on hand to contain and clean up spills?
- Are liquids stored in a compliant manner?
- Are stormwater drains adequately protected?
- Have staff been trained in how to respond to spills?
- Is the equipment adequately sign-posted?
- Is there a spill kit maintenance schedule in place?
- Are liquids transferred in bunded areas?
- Are drums moved around the site safety?