The VIS ATEX explosion proof brakes are an innovative line of modular flameproof spring applied disc brake units and designed to apply an independent brake unit to a standard B5 mount explosion proof motor or any other independent transmission drive.
An easy solution for making standard explosion proof brake motors these brakes are available in B5 flange in and B5 flange out (IEC 63 to 280) or NEMA if requested.
The new design will also reduce costs and lead times when ordering standard explosion proof brake motors as the cost of a standard explosion proof motor in addition to the new VIS brake is considerably lower than an explosion proof standard brake motor.
With motor housing modifications, it is possible to mount the brake on the back of the EX motor.
Key features of VIS ATEX explosion proof brakes
- High performance
- Strong structure makes the brakes suitable for very heavy duty applications
- Suitable for applications such as hoisting, travelling and positioning
- Ideal for use in all explosion proof industries including oil & gas, mining, processing and other hazardous environments
- Braking values are between 5 to 1200 Nm depending on the size of the frame
- Electromagnets fitted inside the brakes can be 3-phase AC or DC
- Totally enclosed design
- IP66 rating
- Power supply: 3-phase AC 415V 50Hz or DC 24V to 300V
- F Class insulation
- Thermally protected with dual metal protectors as standard
- Large terminal box with terminal board and fitted-in rectifier (DC only)
- Very high resistance structure
- Designed for continuous S1 duty without ventilation
VIS explosion proof brakes are available in the following explosion proof categories:
- Category: 2G/ 2D/ 2GD
- Protection type: Ex d/ Ex tD A21
- Enclosure group: II B/ II C
- Temperature class: T3/ T4/ T5
- Maximum surface temperature (ºC): T200/ T135/ T100
- Protection mode: IP66
- Ambient temperature: -20ºC or -50ºC/ + 50ºC
Optional features include:
- Hand release
- PTC thermistors
- Anti-condensation heaters
- Switch on brake opening or hand release
- Special flange coupling on request