Modularly design Ultra-TrackPans used to capture hazardous spills from railroad tanker cars and locomotives are now offered by Spacepac Industries Ultra-TrackPans can provide spill containment to small spills and leaks or capture and channel off significant spills caused by defective equipment or a major overflow. These spill containment devices can be used with industrial rail sidings, locomotive maintenance and fuelling facilities.
Ultra-TrackPans are available at all lengths and can also be ordered as complete systems: popular 2743 mm, 12192 mm and 18288 mm systems.
Center and side pans are 1358 mm long and containment areas can be easily assembled to any length desired. Track pans are available with or without covers and optional TrackPan covers keep rain water out of the Pans, providing effective stormwater management.
Designed to eliminate “pooling” of rain that falls on top of center pan covers, this unique storm water feature channels rain onto the ballast between the tracks and stays out of the Pans.
Benefits of the spill containment Ultra-TrackPans are:
- Prevent costly cleanup and regulatory fines
- Slip-Resistant Design - Entire top surface is safe to walk on, even when wet or oily
- All polyethylene construction - Rugged TrackPans withstand harsh chemicals and are designed to function in temperatures ranging from -40° C to +60° C
- Sealed System- Polyethylene gaskets keep spills from falling between the rails and Pans.
- Trucks and other vehicles can drive over TrackPans with grates in place
- Low Maintenance - Unlike carbon steel track pans, TrackPans will not rust or corrode
- Polyethylene resin is treated with a UV inhibitor, resists degrading effects of the sun
- Low Cost Installation - Lightweight TrackPans can be easily installed without heavy lifting equipment, i.e., forklifts, cranes, backhoes, etc. Minimal tools and labour required
- Slip Resistant Surfaces - Pans, grates and covers have been designed with safety in mind. All top surfaces resist slips when wet or oily
- Long Work Life - Estimated to perform for 20–30 years; longer than fiberglass pans