Falls from height are the common cause of fatalities on construction sites. This is particularly when working from unsecured ladders or unstable scaffolding. To maximise your safety at height you should consider using an Elevated Work Platform (EWP) such as a Scissor Lift or Boom Lift.
However when using a Scissor Lift you must consider the following:
- Do not operate a Scissor Lift or EWP unless you have received training in its use and safety rules. You can ask South Eastern Access about training for your Yellow Card through the Elevated Work Platform Association of Australia
- Never use a Scissor Lift or EWP on soft, uneven surfaces. Always check for obstacles such as pits, ramps
- Always wear an anchored safety harness while working in a Boom type EWP
- Always check that the safe working load written on the EWP is not exceeded
- The Scissor Lift or any type of EWP cannot be raised in high wind conditions
South Eastern Access is an access hire company and is an active member of the Elevated Work Platform Association of Australia. South Eastern Access can provide you with a wide range of safe, reliable, modern access equipment, such as Scissor Lifts, Boom Lifts, Duct Lifters, and Forklifts.