SolidWorks Simulation Premium, available in Australia through Solidtec Solutions- SolidWorks 3D CAD features a full suite of simulation tools that reduces the number of assumptions required to simulate the real-world response of any design.
SolidWorks Simulation Premium software bolsters the depth and the ease of use of SolidWorks Simulation Professional with additional capabilities, including a powerful set of tools for simulating nonlinear and dynamic response as well as composite materials.
The simulation tools in SolidWorks Simulation software offer multiple capabilities including capturing the effects of large displacements on the designs, performing dynamic analyses of parts and assemblies, simulating composite materials as well as tackling complex problems with the 2D planar simplification tool.
Capture the effects of large displacements on designs
- Examine large deformations caused by overloads, contact and flexible materials
- Transition easily between linear and nonlinear simulations
- Study nonlinear buckling and snap-through events
- Simulate products made with nonlinear materials
- Investigate designs with hyperelastic materials such as rubbers, silicones and other elastomers
- Conduct an elasto-plastic analysis to study the onset of yield as well as plastic deformation
- Examine creep effects and material changes with temperature
Perform dynamic analyses of parts and assemblies
- Simulate time history loading, steady-state harmonic input, response spectrum and random vibration excitations
- Input excitation curves of forces in random vibration analysis
- Study stress, displacement, velocity and acceleration with time as well as RMS and PSD values for stress, displacement, velocity and acceleration
Simulate composite materials
- Utilise simulation to leverage advanced materials used in an increasing number of products, from consumer goods to advanced aerospace structures
- Study multilayer shell bodies to examine the effect of each layer with its own material properties, thickness and orientation
- Use the revolutionary user interface to dynamically control and display ply orientation directly on the SolidWorks model
- Utilise sandwich and graphite or carbon-fibre composites, including honeycomb and cellular foam
Resolve complex problems with 2D planar simplification tool
- Create plane stress, plane strain, and axisymmetry nonlinear analysis
- Use 3D CAD models without modification to generate 2D sections