The Solidtec Solutions - SolidWorks 3D CAD SolidWorks Engineering Stimulus Program (ESP) has re-skilled dozens of displaced engineers and designers around Australia. Participants are taking advantage of the ESP program to up-skill and improve employability.
A recent DS SolidWorks survey of ESP participants found that:
- More than 9,000 displaced designers and engineers have taken advantage of the free SolidWorks 3D CAD software.
- More than one in 10 respondents had secured jobs.
- More than 80 participants have become Certified SolidWorks Associates (CSWAs).
- Another 250 are actively seeking certification.
The ESP gives free SolidWorks 3D CAD software licenses, training, videos and tutorials, networking, certification, and potential job leads to any job seeker. “The Australian economy is definitely recovering from its slow down; at Solidtec we are receiving almost daily requests from our rapidly expanding customer base for qualified design and engineering staff” says Solidtec Solutions CEO, Scott Frayne. “Solidtec is breathing new life into the SolidWorks 3D CAD community in Australia and the response to the Solidtec ESP program has been amazing. We have received so much positive feedback, I believe the market sees the focus Solidtec has on developing Australian design and manufacturing and is joining with us to help the recovery become permanent”.
The SolidWorks Engineering Stimulus Package includes:
- Software: a 90-day license of SolidWorks 3D CAD for non-commercial use, with tutorials and documentation, plus the SolidWorks eDrawings email-enabled file sharing tool;
- Training: Hands-on test drives and SolidWorks Simulation training from Solidtec Solutions;
- Networking: Access to the SolidWorks Customer Portal for support, networking, and discussion; and
- Certification: Free testing to become a CSWA, a credential that documents SolidWorks competence and distinguishes job candidates for selective employers.