Dassault Systèmes SolidWorks Corp. (DS SolidWorks) has launched the SolidWorks 2011 product line, available in Australia from Solidtec Solutions- SolidWorks 3D CAD .
SolidWorks 2011 products are designed to deliver new ways to speed up product design, deepen collaboration and strengthen the designer’s engagement with manufacturing.
The new SolidWorks 2011 family of products includes hundreds of improvements requested by customers who use SolidWorks every day to design new products, validate their performance, communicate with partners, manage design data and minimise a product’s impact on the environment.
"In addition to refinements throughout, SolidWorks 2011’s new CAD and PDM capabilities will enable our engineering groups to intelligently tackle new challenges in the design of our products and production systems," said Janine D. Essex, global product line manager for the SolidWorks application at Robert Bosch LLC, a leading global technology and services company.
“There are big changes,” said Robert Teele, lead mechanical designer for Nuvera Fuel Cells, a clean energy products company in Billerica, Mass. “Our production and marketing departments, for example are eager to use the new walkthrough animation capability to explore our equipment designs and custom onsite installations with customers.”
SolidWorks 2011 Product Highlights
- New drawing detailing functions in SolidWorks CAD software eliminate the time and effort of manual dimensioning
- New 2D simplification helps speed up parts analysis
- New Electronics Cooling Module lets users set up and execute thermal simulations quickly and easily, helping ensure that heat doesn’t melt a product’s electronics
- New menu bar in SolidWorks Enterprise PDM (product data management) software speeds access to key designs
- All SolidWorks 2011 products improve speed and reliability by using memory more efficiently when working with large designs and during prolonged work sessions
- New capability to more easily create compelling photorealistic renderings in PhotoView 360, now fully integrated into SolidWorks CAD software
- New Walk-Through capabilities for SolidWorks users to lead their customers through designs
- Storyboard capability using 3DVIA Composer technical communication software helps customers deliver process instructions through interactive images
Engage with Manufacturing
Active communication between design and manufacturing ensures that teams can actually build the products they conceive while organisations minimise costly delays, scrap and rework. Relying on the following capabilities and more, the SolidWorks 2011 product family streamlines the successful handoff of designs to manufacturing:
- Powerful new features that automate weld placement and documentation
- Designers can catch sheet metal errors early with new bend calculation tables that let them quickly calculate the developed length of parts
- New integration of SolidWorks Design Checker into SolidWorks Enterprise PDM software helps streamline the release of designs to manufacturing
- Expanded range of manufacturing and use regions (including Australia and South America) in SolidWorks Sustainability software helps weigh the impact of manufacturing decisions on a product’s carbon footprint
- New support for custom materials
- New routing capabilities simplify creation of pipe, tube and conduit runs
“We’re deeply committed to providing a design experience that is both intuitive and powerful, and SolidWorks 2011 embodies that commitment,” said Austin O'Malley, Executive Vice President of Research and Development for DS SolidWorks.
“In addition to improving design productivity, we’ve made communication of designs more effective, maximising intellectual property value and shortening product delivery times.”