Issues such as time-to-market, profitability, and quality improvement are impacting on product design teams who increasingly need to work more collaboratively from disparate global locations.
SolidWorks Enterprise PDM software is a design and engineering collaboration solution consisting of a central, indexed repository of design data plus tools for secure information sharing and can help manage the vast amount of electronic data typical of engineering projects.
Swarovski Optik recently purchased SolidWorks Enterprise PDM to coordinate design activities among internal staff, global partners and vendors.
“Product development is not a solo enterprise,” said Markus Neff, vice president of supply chain management with Swarovski Optik, manufacturer of high performance binoculars, telescopes, rifle scopes, camera adapters, tripods, and more.
“We need to drive product standardization and reuse of approved designs whenever possible. And even as we share our data, we need to keep it secure. We’re already seeing quicker time to market, higher productivity, and improved quality with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM.”
A number of companies have benefitted from SolidWorks Enterprise PDM features.
- Oceaneering International have been able to cut time to market by 50% through the cost-efficient reuse of designs through search across hundreds of file types, tighter revision control, automated workflows, and dramatically improved design search capabilities
- Tigercat Industries has increased productivity through the automation and customization of processes, workflows, and electronic bills of material (BOMs), giving personnel access to its product data vault.
- F.L. Smidth & Co. A/S experienced a 30% reduction in its equipment engineering effort through larger-scale productivity for large design projects;
- Inertia Engineering + Design Inc. were able to unite six entities working on a zero-emissions courier truck and help reduce delivery time by 30-40% because of improved collaboration with global offices through fast and secure remote access for external partners;
- Taylor-Deal Aviation (TDA), LLC were able to streamline design approvals with SolidWorks Enterprise PDM’s compliance controls through automatic workflow and audit trail and integration with popular reporting tools;
- Taylor-Deal Aviation (TDA), LLC software installed and connected to its Microsoft SQL Server platform in a couple of hours, significantly faster than other systems company personnel had experienced due to Solidworks rapid deployment - less than five days with Quick Start program.