SolidAT ultrasonic level sensors, available from Solid Applied Technologies were deployed as part of early warning water level solution in Munster, Indiana USA. The overall solution, including cellular based reports and control room software, provided by partner Ommyx, offers town officials the ability to check river level conveniently via a web site. Alerts are disseminated when the river reaches a warning level or a critical level.
SolidAT's SmartScan50 Ultrasonic level sensor was selected for the project. This particular ultrasonic level sensor offers the following features:
- SmartScan50 ultrasonic level sensor is a highly stable level sensor, with a range of 12 meters which is fit for outdoor operations
- Two part system, allowing separation between the transducer and the control unit
- Control units were located up to 100 meters away from the bridge at a sheltered location together with ommyx's GSM transmitter and power supply
- SmartScan50 ultrasonic level sensor supports digital communication (ModBus RTU) for communicating with the GSM transmitter
- A recently new feature of SmartScan50 ultrasonic level sensor provides alerts when specific conditions exist such as rapid change in the target level.