Lantronix has introduced the EDS1100 and EDS2100 hybrid ethernet terminal/multiport device servers. They are now available from Soanar - Electronic Component & Supply Chain Solutions . They deliver an unprecedented level of intelligence and safety. Available with Linux and IPv6 or Lantronix’s powerful Evolution OS, the EDS1100/2100 is ideal when critical data needs to be remotely and securely accessed anywhere, at any time, via the Internet.
Evolution OS, With AES, SSH and SSL built in, provides ‘data-center grade’ protection so each networked device carries the same level of security as corporate data center equipment and provides robust defenses to hostile Internet attacks.
With no special software required, setup is a breeze with the included Windows-based DeviceInstaller. The EDS Ethernet terminals can also be set up locally via a serial port, or remotely over a network using Telnet, SSH, or a web browser (HTTP and HTTPS) or SNMP.
EDS1100 and EDS2100 ethernet terminals are suitable for use with virtually any IT/networking equipment or edge device. They are used with medical equipment, POS terminals and security equipment.
Features of these hybrid Ethernet terminals:
- VIP (virtual IP) Access technology allows for seamless integration with the ManageLinx remote services enablement platform
- Customizable with CGI, Java Web server
- 4/8/16/32 ports version also available.
- Software selectable RS232, RS422 or RS485
- Standard and customizable serial data rates from 300 to 921kbps