To meet or surpass the requirements of the relevant Australian standards the power supplies are built using transformers. The best performance for the most difficult duties and environments is provided by the materials and manufacturing procedures used. Only high grade electrical steel is used with the power supplies, ensuring low iron losses. All windings are manufactured from high conductivity PEI2 insulated circular or rectangular copper conductors.
Some of the features of these DC Ferro-resonant power supplies include:
- Available in gear-plate or enclosed form
- Battery charging option
- Can be connected in parallel for high power systems
- Convection cooled, fans not required
- Electronic shielding between primary and secondary windings
- Models available with power from 60W to 1000W
- Robust Ferro-resonant transformer that does not require to be fused
- Withstands indefinite overload and short circuit conditions
- Simple design, high reliability
- Transformer input can handle mains surges up to 55% and transients up to 2000V
- Typical output voltages : 12V 24V 36V 48V , 54V. Custom voltages upon request
- Manufactured in Australia with fast delivery time
These Ferro-resonant DC power supplies are called the CVT series. These products have a proven track record for use in heavy industrial applications, high temperature environments, mining and harsh environments.