Slurry Pipes is a specialist provider of wear-resistant Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMWPE) pipes (trademarked as Ultra PE Pipe) to the mining and dredging industries. An ultra wear resistant, ultra low friction, ultra smooth and ultra tough range of pipes, Ultra PE Pipe features high molecular weight.
Slurry Pipes offers a large range of ultra wear- and abrasion-resistant UHMWPE pipes for applications such as dredging pipes, slurry pipes for hydro-transport, mineral sands pipelines, mine tailings pipelines, mine concentrate pipelines, wastewater pipelines, iron ore slurry conveyance as well as slurry transportation in mines.
UHMWPE pipes are ideal for the transport of powder and coal ash in thermal power systems, backwater pipelines, transport of mine tailings and slurry in the mining industry, high-pressure transport of pulverised coal and coal-water slurry of coal preparation plants as well as the transport of mud and corrosive media with slag in other industries.
Key features of Ultra PE Pipe UHMWPE pipes:
- Up to 40 times the abrasion resistance of steel
- 8 times lighter than steel with 5 times lower coefficient of friction than steel
- Offers as low as 1/10 the pressure loss of steel pipes
- High tensile strength
- Inexpensive alternative to metals and ceramics
- Self-lubricating, long-wearing and resistant to abrasion and corrosion
- Ideal for pipe applications that demand high abrasion resistance combined with low friction