SkyCool thermal roof coatings enable reductions in air conditioning operating costs. Roof coatings generally interact with the sky to actually draw heat out of the building rendering its interior cooler than ambient air even under extreme summertime heat loads.
Skycool thermal roof coatings are designed to combat overheating in metal roofed industrial and commercial buildings. SkyCool thermal roof coatings can prevent excess heat produced by the sun from entering the building. These coatings pump out internal heat to produce an environment that is cooler. Industrial users have recorded constant internal sub-roof temperature decreases of 20 to 40°C, bringing their work areas to around 14°C below ambient in the peak of summer.
SkyCool thermal roof coatings are applied to the exterior of metal roofed buildings and have the following benefits:
- Drop in internal temperature, which is experienced by shopping complexes
- Reduction in air conditioning power consumption
- Efficiency from existing air conditioning plant through reduced peak loads
- Significant contribution to the environment through reductions in greenhouse gas generation resulting from the power saved
- Productive work environment without the expense of air conditioning
- Increased value in the building whether it is conditioned or not
- Roof is protected from thermal shock caused by varying sun load and corrosion from atmospheric contaminants
- Environmentally safe