A DataNet multi-site pharmaceutical production monitoring system was installed at a unique pharmaceutical manufacturing facility in Israel to meet production and storage challenges.
Concept for Pharmacy is a unique pharmaceutical facility manufacturing extemporaneous preparations as well as special disinfection agents containing coloured chlorine.
Key challenges for the pharmaceutical industry including strict regulations, harsh competition and rising R&D costs need to be met by ensuring safe and efficient production, transport and storage processes.
Key customer challenges:
- Production, storage and R&D facilities span 4 floors over 100m²
- Complex multi-site operation with parallel working processes requires simultaneous control of diverse humidity, pressure and temperature micro-environments
- Numerous transmission barriers including stairwells, multiple floors and concrete walls
- Sterile areas require dust-proof installation and non-disintegrative system elements
- Non-digital autoclave legacy equipment functions at extremely high temperatures in patented coloured chlorine manufacturing
- Colour plates are switched by technicians at the moment of optimal temperature determined by periodic manual checks
- DataNet system with external PT100 sensor placed inside the autoclave oven provides timely alerts when the oven reaches optimal temperatures
- Cleanroom refrigeration and freezer temperature and humidity levels monitored by DataNet temperature and RH units, connected to the PT100 sensor
- Mounting without screws to avoid dust creation
- Another DataNet unit connected to a convector to reconstruct environmental parameters
- Unit allows engineers to test various temperature and humidity parameters and establish the monitoring needs of products throughout the storage and transport lifecycle
- Helicopter view providing a fully controlled single view of all micro-environments
- Reliable production process protects cleanroom integrity while ensuring less raw materials and product wastage
- Constant alerts and updates by cellular phone and email to both on-duty staff and off-duty managers
- Legacy investments integrated
- ISO compliance as part of ISO 9000:2001 and ISO 13485:2008 with all processes monitored and data stored on record
The DataNet production monitoring systems are available in Australia through Sitest .