The new P334 handheld Colorimeters from Siemens Ltd have been developed for automated calibration of on-line chlorine analysers. These devices add to the range of reliable solutions for compliance with the U.S. EPA Method 334.0 (determination of residual chlorine in drinking water using an on-line chlorine analyser). The colorimeters integrate a simple solution manual to help guide plant personnel through each step of the sampling, analysis and calibration processes and also achieve compliance, certificate of calibration and NIST traceable standards. Operators can spend less effort calibrating their chlorine analysers and more time making sure plants and equipment are running effectively.
NIST traceable calibration standards preparation is simple and accurate with the included primary and secondary standards kits. The liquid standards are contained in double-ended ampoules for accurate dilution and minimal mess and clean up. The P334 colorimeters are also ergonomically designed, portable and suitable for bench top use. Its large backlit display is easy to read in varying light conditions.
The P334 colorimeters achieve the requirements of utilities by:
- Protecting the health and safety of consumers
- Minimising financial costs with a low entry price, simple operation and minimal maintenance
- Aiming to reduce chlorine chemical consumption
- Being certified eliminates the need to create calibration curves on the instrument
- Minimising operator error and interpretation
- Providing NIST traceable primary chlorine standards that are easy to use and with a long shelf life