EM 4 F-DI / 3 F-DO DC24V/2A is a cost-optimised and space-saving fail-safe Simatic ET 200S module with 4 inputs and 3 outputs which can be used for safety requirements up to SIL 2 and/or category 3. it is the optimised input/output module for all SIL2/category 3 applications.
Reasons for product development:
In the area of production machines and machine tools SIL 2/Cat 3 is sufficient for approximately 95% of the machines.
With digital, fail-safe inputs and outputs for the ET 200S tailored to the requirements of SIL 2/Cat.3, it is possible to cut costs drastically with a bus-based, fail-safe solution compared to present solutions.
Therefore, even if only a few F channels are required, this technology adds functional value at a more attractive price.
Functional highlights and technical features:
High functionality for compact spaces
- 3 current-sinking/sourcing outputs; aggregate current of outputs: max. 4A
- 4 input channels (2-out-of-2 evaluation), supply voltage L+: 24 V
Integrated diagnostic functions
- Independent execution of short-circuit test and monitoring of discrepancy time
- Mixed set-up with standard modules and SIL3/Category 4 modules
- With PROFIBUS and PROFINET via corresponding interface modules
- Distributed fail-safe expansion for the S7-300 F and S7-400F
- As a control module of the fail-safe relay module for switching voltages without external relays
- Upgrade of F functionality for existing standard systems in connection with ET 200S F-CPU and fail-safe slave-to-slave communication
- Manufacturers of production machines and machine tools
- Customers get a low-cost, digital input/output module for SIL2/category 3 applications
- Low space requirements thanks to a combination of input and output channels in one standard F housing
- Reduction of number of types and parts based on a mixed module set-up
- More attractive pricing situation
Typical users or target groups:
- Plant engineering companies
- Safety engineers
Positioning with respect to existing products/functions:
- Supplements the product range as a low-cost input/output module for SIL 2/Cat.3
- Compact input/output module for applications requiring fewer fail-safe inputs and outputs
Functional dependencies on other products functions:
- Distributed safety V5.2 SP2
Delivery range, versions, accessories:
- EM 4 F-DI / 3 F-DO DC24V/2A
The Simatic ET 200 S module is available from Siemens Industrial Automation & Control.