Siemens have expanded their Simatic product range with a new product line, the SIMATIC HMI basic panels, designed for basic operator control and monitoring tasks. Siemens offer the KTP1000 Basic (10" display) and the TP1500 Basic (15" display) SIMATIC HMI panels.
Visualisation is a part of the standard scope of most machines and in the case of small machines, the cost factor plays a role. The new KTP1000 Basic and TP1500 Basic SIMATIC HMI panels are available in the display sizes of 4”, 6”, 10" and 15" and feature touch screen devices for operator control and monitoring tasks.
The KTP1000 Basic and TP1500 Basic SIMATIC HMI panels have an industrial design and offer a standard touchscreen display for intuitive operation. The use of fully graphics-capable displays allows for a clear and high-contrast depiction of operating screens and opens up new perspectives for the visualisation.
Besides the touchscreen operation, the KTP400 Basic SIMATIC HMI panel has four configurable keys with tactile feedback, while the KTP600 Basic SIMATIC HMI panel has six and the KTP1000 SIMATIC HMI panel eight. For applications requiring large visualisation depiction, the TP1500 Basic SIMATIC HMI panel with a 15" touch screen display is available. All devices, independent of display size, support functions such as an alarm system, recipe management, trend curve depiction and language switching in their standard scope. The range of the SIMATIC HMI basic panels comprises models for communication through Ethernet/PROFINET (basic functions), as well as MPI/PROFIBUS DP.
The configuration of SIMATIC HMI basic panels is carried out with SIMATIC WinCC flexible software. (from SIMATIC WinCC flexible 2008 SP1 Compact). This engineering software assures high configuration efficiency. It is scalable to all HMI applications, matching different performance capabilities. If the requirements change, the scalability of the WinCC flexible engineering software enables an easy switch to devices of other performance classes or display sizes at any time.
The new KTP1000 Basic and TP1500 Basic SIMATIC HMI panels have the following advantages:
- Suitable entry-level series for operator control and monitoring of machines and plant sections
- 4" and 6" monochrome as well as 6", 10" and 15" colour displays with touch screen functionality for intuitive operation
- Configurable keys with tactile feedback (excluding TP1500)
- HMI basic functionality (alarm system, recipe management, trend curve functionality and language switching)
- Models for the connection to standard Ethernet/PROFINET (basic functions) or MPI/PROFIBUS DP
- Flexible scalability with the HMI family through the configuration with SIMATIC WinCC flexible 2008 SP1 (from Compact Edition)
- Mounting-compatible with the existing touchscreen panels and multi-panels of the same display size
- IP65 protection rating