The Mag-Frame magnetic lifters from Serpent & Dove are designed to safely and efficiently lift large, thin steel sheets.
Large, thin steel sheets are notoriously difficult and dangerous to lift and handle, especially from a stack. Personnel are constantly at risk of injury when attempting to separate or lift the large sheets. While conventional lifting magnet systems are frequently not suitable for sheets less than 6mm in thickness, vacuum systems are expensive and energy intensive.
The Mag-Frame from Serpent & Dove does not need power, instead using an engineered permanent magnet system to lift one thin sheet at a time from a stack.
Key features of Mag-Frame magnetic lifters:
- Suitable for plain steel, checker-plate and perforated plate up to 6mm thick or 12mm in a heavy duty version
- Best suited for steel sheets of standard size 1.2 metres x 2.4 metres or larger
- Single unit can be up to 6 metres in length
- Release mechanism can be manual operation with a lever, pneumatic or electric
- Offers three to one safety margin
- Lightweight, low profile and simple and safe to use with an overhead crane or forklift