THE LDM 41/42A from Sentec a opto-electronic distance sensor for industrial application, like distance and position measurement without use of special reflectors.
The target could be nearly any kind of natural surface.
The sensor works based on comparative phase measurement. It emits modulated laser light which is diffusely reflected back from the target with a certain shift in phase to be compared with a reference signal.
From the amount of phase shift, a required distance can then be determined with millimeter accuracy. A visible red laser beam enables easier sighting. The LDM 42A is designed for fast measurement on white target.
Characteristics of LDM 41A and LDM 42A:
* Millimetre precise measurement at various surfaces (LDM 42A only for white surface).
* Long range reflector-less distance measurement, with additional reflectors on the object over 100m with additional reflectors mounted onto target.
* High availability under in the high temperature area with high precision.
* Big supply voltage range 10 V until 30 V dc.
* Risk less use because of laser class 2.
* Simple alignment with a visible laser class.
* Bi-directional data-interface, switching and analogue output.
* Simple setup for parameter with a PC or laptop.
* Measured values are displayed in meters, decimetre, centimetre, feet, inch etc. due to free scaling.
* Stable and simple to installing housing with protection IP65.
* Profibus DP via UNIGATE Gateway.