Sensorplex introduces the new DataMan 500 ‘laser killer’ camera image-based barcode readers from Cognex.
Sensorplex Pty Ltd is the Cognex-appointed Australian importer of Cognex ID equipment.
DataMan 500 image-based barcode readers offer high efficiency in barcode reading and are suitable for the logistics, retail distribution and postal segments.
The barcode readers combine the benefits of camera image-based readers with the ease-of-use of modern laser scanners. Unlike traditional laser scanners, these barcode readers can read 1D and 2D barcodes.
Improved read rate is a distinct advantage in DataMan 500 barcode readers.
Conventional barcode scanners typically require packages to be handled more than once when they are unable to read a barcode, causing additional labour and material costs. Rework results in increased overhead and lost margins.
DataMan 500 image-based barcode readers can help reduce production costs while improving read rates over traditional laser scanners.
Key features of DataMan 500 camera-based barcode readers:
- Reads 1D and 2D barcodes with IDMax decoding technology
- Acquires images at rates of up to 1,000 frames per second through Cognex proprietary imaging technology
- Longer product life
- Auto focus and Ethernet connectivity capabilities
- Enhanced read rate saves time, effort and money
- Suitable for logistics, retail distribution and postal environments