Scitech announces the availability of a new range of high speed cameras from IDT Vision. Featuring PIV mode for ultimate synchronisation, the new Y7 is the latest breakthrough in the Y-series development.
IDT Vision Y7 high speed cameras utilise next generation Northstar sensor technology and offer 2-megapixel resolution in three speed grades recording full resolution videos at 5,000, 7,500 and 9,000 fps. The Y7 cameras are suitable for recording high-speed events such as supersonic ballistics, aerodynamic tests and PIV research.
New to the Y-series, the Y7-PIV high speed cameras introduce a universal integrated timing interface, which allows for synchronisation of any illumination source such as lasers or LEDs. Together with the standard 200-nanosecond inter-frame time, the camera is perfectly suited for PIV researchers as it decreases PIV system size and cost.
Key features of IDT Vision Y7 high speed cameras:
- 13.9 x 13.9 mm sensor (7.24 x 7.24 pixels) with 6000 ISO mono and 2000 ISO colour sensitivity
- Available with 8/16/32 and 64 GB memory options
- Motion Studio software available for Windows 32/64 and Mac OS X
- SDK, Labview or Matlab support also included
- Choice of 3 models:
- Y7-S1 - Up to 5000fps at 1920x1080 pixels
- Y7-S2 - Up to 7500fps at 1920x1080 pixels
- Y7-S3 - Up to 9000fps at 1920x1080 pixels
- Greater speeds available using IDT's proprietary resampling technology with no loss of resolution or at reduced resolutions
- Cameras come standard with C-Mount
- PL mount
- F mount
- Power supply provides continuous 13.5 Volts DC
- 2-pin LEMO cable with authentic LEMO connectors
- Mounting baseplate maintains critical air flow to the camera