Each SCM5B isolated signal conditioning module, available from Scientific Devices Aust , provides a single channel of isolated analogue input or output. Input modules interface to all types of external sensors. The modules filter, isolate, amplify, and convert the input signal to a high-level analogue voltage output. The output modules accept a high-level analogue voltage signal from a host system, then buffer, isolate and amplify before providing a process current or voltage output to field devices.
Over 250 different SCM5B isolated signal conditioning modules modules are available encompassing a wide selection of isolated analog input and output functions. Analogue inputs include voltage and current in narrow and wide bandwidths, thermocouple, RTD, accelerometer, potentiometer, strain gage, frequency and 2-wire transmitter. Custom I/O ranges are also available.
All modules are CSA certified and FM approved for safe operation in Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, and D hazardous environments. They are also CE and ATEX compliant.
Accessories for the SCM5B isolated signal conditioning modules include addressable and non-addressable single, dual, 8- and 16-channel backpanels which include on-board temperature sensors and cold junction thermocouple compensation, power supplies, mounting racks, interface cables and evaluation boards.
Dataforth SCM5B isolated signal conditioning modules offer several advantages when compared with competitive parts, while maintaining equivalent price. They offer :
- 50 times better noise rejection by using a 6-pole filter with 95dB NMR, versus a 3-pole filter with 60dB NMR
- Lower output noise
- True 3-way isolation
- 20dB better CMR of noise spikes
Features of Dataforth SCM5B isolated signal conditioning modules are:
- 1500Vrms transformer isolation
- ±0.03% accuracy
- 160dB CMR
- 95dB NMR
- ANSI/IEEE C37.90.1 Transient Protection
- ±1ìV/°C Drift
- Output noise as low as 150ìVrms
- 240VAC Protection for Field I/O
- -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature Range
- CSA Certified (Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D)
- FM Approved (Class I, Division 2, Groups A, B, C, D)
- CE and ATEX Compliant
- Designed for Industrial Plant Environments
- Protects User Equipment from Lightning and Heavy Equipment Power-Line Voltage
- Reduces Electrical Noise in Measured Signals
- Convenient System Expansion and Repair