Telemetry & Remote SCADA Solutions, a division of Schneider Electric (Australia) introduces the VC10 valve controllers to its Accutech wireless sensor network product line.
The battery-powered wireless valve controllers are used to control pneumatic valves in hazardous locations with unique functionality that offers optimised natural gas wellhead automation solutions to operators.
The VC10 valve controllers use a patent pending technology called Progressive Pulse Control (PPC) for the operation of pneumatic valves in a wide range of upstream oil and gas applications. Coupled with Accutech’s state-of-the-art power management technology, the VC10 is capable of operating in the field autonomously for over 50,000 cycles, equivalent to years of maintenance-free operation.
According to Stephen Goodman, Senior Product Manager, Accutech, the VC10 is the last link in the wireless wellhead, working together with other Accutech field devices to enable customers to deploy entirely wireless battery-powered wellhead automation systems without the costs of wiring, trenching and maintenance, all with Class 1, Div 1 certification.
Key features of the VC10 valve controllers:
- Controls pneumatic valves in upstream oil and gas applications at hazardous locations
- Two digital inputs, the first configured as a counter for use in plunger arrival systems and the second for use with any discreet signal are included
- Integrated pressure sensor functions as a feedback mechanism in the PPC circuit and as a useful diagnostic for wellhead operators
- Magnetic switches and LCD display allow for configuration settings in the field without compromising zone restrictions
- Industry leading 3-year warranty