SSI Schaefer International will be holding the inaugural Automation Congress in Australia on Tuesday, the 1st of April, at the Crown Promenade Hotel in Melbourne.
According to Alan Clark, regional director Australasia the Automation Congress aims to present B2B and B2C distribution operations in practice through presentations by Global and European companies.
“Our congress offers the opportunity to exchange experiences, learn from others and explore new and innovative ways of improving distribution operations,” Alan Clark said.
Speakers for the event will include the following:
- Speaker: Harrie Swinkels, SSI Schaefer
- Topic: Trends in Market requirements, Warehouse Automation
- Speaker: Brian Miles, Managing Director Asia, SSI Schaefer
- Topic: Automated Mobile Racking
- Speaker: Andreas Janetzko, Aviation Security Director EMEA, UPS
- Topic: Security in Supply Chain
- Speaker: Carsten Spiegelberg, SSI Schaefer
- Topic: Modern Order Picking solutions in key branches
- Speaker: Andrew Sanderson, Senior Project Manager, Coles
- Topic: Coles Group Ltd – Melbourne Case study
Trends, news and vision from SSI Schaefer Automation World will be explored through interesting presentations focusing on the following topics: Optimisation of processes and materials handling, increase of productivity in order fulfilment operations and case study references in practice.
A site tour of the new Coles Group Ltd National Distribution Centre in Somerton has been organised for the afternoon of the congress, followed by dinner.