Safetech have recently supplied an AS1-900 scissor lift with adjustable uploading platform, to Total Fasteners in NSW, as a safe solution to packing and unpacking industrial components in its Cardiff goods warehouse.
Total Fasteners have a constant stream of incoming and outgoing heavy industrial goods, which had led to problems with unloaded mixed pallets stored on the ground.
Prior to installing the hydraulic scissor lift table, the process of packing and unpacking goods involved the transferral of pallets to and from trolleys. This process proved to be both time consuming and of OH&S concern, with employees experiencing constant bending and stretching, often leading to strain and fatigue injuries.
Total Fasteners considered using forklifts as pallet supports and portable lifters but, after taking advice from Safetech, decided on installing a scissor lift as the ideal unpacking solution.
The installation of the scissor lift led to increased productivity and staff morale. Features and benefits of using the AS1-900 hydraulic lift table include:
- 1,100mm Palring turntable for rotation of load to within easy reach;
- fork sockets in base for easy relocation when required;
- easily adjustable to comfortable, safe working height for all operators and tall or short loads;
- standard 240 volt operation; and
- 415 volt option for higher duty cycle.