The Safetech dock lift range has received a substantial upgrade with a new boom gate design that provides extra safety and an easier user interface with an attractive new look. Boom gates are one of the most important safety features on a dock lift and often represent the only protection between an operator and potential disaster.
Features of the improved boom gates include:
- An enclosed guard lock on the boom gates eliminates accidental opening of the boom gate when it travels to the elevated position
- The robust two piece post provides excellent strength but enables easy access for servicing and maintenance of the boom gates
- Gas struts assist the operator when opening the boom gates. These gas struts are housed within the boom mechanism to prevent injury to fingers or limbs from pinch points
- No "keeper" post is required for the locking mechanism on the boom gates, as it is already positioned at the post pivot point for easy installation
- The twin rail boom design complies with NSW’s mandatory safety gate requirements
- The entire design has created a pinch point free boom gate no matter what position the boom arm is in