Safetech's cold store tilter is designed specifically to assist operators removing dunnage from pallet loads of chilled goods.
Used in a number of cold stores, the cold store tilter tilts the pallet onto its side so that the operator can safely and quickly remove the dunnage sheets from between the layers of chilled goods.
Use of the cold store tilter eliminates the need to de-palletise a complete stack of goods in order to remove freezer space sheets.
How does it work?
- The Cold store Tilter starts at floor level to permit access with a hand pallet truck and then tilts 90 degrees so cold store separating sheets can be removed
- The hydraulic top platten can then be gently clamped and the load returned to the upright position
- At this stage in the cycle the dunnage sheets have been safely removed from the pallet
- Safety bar on booth edge
- Dead man controls for controlled operation
- Tilter supplied with fencing on end with photo eye on returns.
- Care must be taken to prevent entrapment of limbs either in the mechanism or under the table's edge. A safety bar is a good protection for the lift table and the tilters edge
- Tilt tables are often used in conjunction with forklift trucks and they can sometimes damage the table leading to operating failure or injury