The safety inspections include:
- General property safety
- Provision of smoke alarms
- Security screens and key operated locks
- Emergency egress procedures
- Safe and equitable access for people with mobility and vision impairment
- Emergency assistance system for village residents (such as bracelets or distress buttons)
Safe Environments provide independent Annual Safety Inspections for large and small retirement villages and homes to assist in complying with the NSW Retirement Villages Regulation 2009.