IN response to customer’s changing packaging requirements, SWF Companies’ CE 151 case erector has undergone a well-deserved makeover and is now called the CE 451.
Capable of erecting up to 45 cases a minute, the CE 451 retains its original compact design, handles multiple case sizes and features quick case changeover capabilities.
Furthermore, several important improvements have been incorporated in to this machine, including the following:
* Quick-change compression plates for different case sizes. This improvement reduces changeover time and improves the operator interface.
* The case hold down was relocated overhead, thus reducing the quantity of changeover points.
* The guarding package was improved, for additional operator safety.
* The frame incorporates a sheet metal design, resulting in cleaner construction and minimizing horizontal surfaces.
* Jack screws were added to the main chain drive for easier chain tensioning.
* The size of the electrical enclosure has been increased.
* The PLC has been upgraded to a MicroLogix 1200, resulting in an improved operator control panel, with a display screen.
The CE 451 will be on display in the upcoming Pack Expo Las Vegas trade show, September 26-28, at the Las Vegas Convention Centre.