Heat shrink tubing is manufactured from thermoplastic materials and is most commonly used to insulate wires, although it does have a wide range of other uses.
When heated, this single wall heat shrink tubing will reduce in diameter size, roughly 50% or its original size, in effect sealing around the wires or items inside. Tubing with different ratings are also available.
This general purpose single wall heat shrink tubing does not contain adhesives; it simply interacts with or fuses to the materials it is surrounding.
STOCKCAP supply this heat shrink tubing that is fully compliant with applicable quality standards including International, UL, Military, RoHs, and Aerospace.
- Single wall heat shrink tubing has a range of features including:
- Abrasion resistant
- Fast and simple to install using simple tools such as a heat gun
- Offers protection from environmental elements such as dust, solvents, fluids
- Excellent resistance to chemicals, corrosion, oil and heat
- Offers a snug fit over irregularly shaped joints
- Reduces strain on wires contained within
- Numerous colour choices that will help with the coding of wires and connections
Single wall heat shrink tubing can be used with electronic and electrical products and components to insulate, bundle and protect wires, and can also be used on joints, connections, conductors and terminals. The tubing is also suitable for use within the interior of personal computers.
Polyolefin and other thermoplastic materials can be used to construct the heat shrink tubing that is available in seven standard colours; additional colours are available upon request.
STOCKCAP also provide Dual Wall heat shrink tubing.
View more information here.