Rubber products are very prominent in the STOCKCAP product lines. Some commonly moulded rubber materials include Silicone, EPDM, Nitrile (NBR), Neoprene, Hypalon, SBR, Viton, and natural rubber. These materials are particularly effective in the masking process, being able to withstand high temperatures without contaminating paint lines.
The EPDM Pull Plugs have been formulated to provide tight seals on both ends of threaded and non-threaded through holes. The silicone material is capable of resisting temperatures up to 600°F (316°C) and are specifically designed for powder coating and E-coating applications.
Some of the features of the EPDM Pull Plugs include:
- Compression moulded: fewer knit lines
- Withstand temperatures up to 600°F (316°C) and are the industry standard for powder coating applications
- Plugs can be re-used many times
- No risk of contamination to paint line
- Custom sizes available with minimal tooling investment
- In stock for immediate shipment
It is advisable to choose a diameter slightly larger than the hole to mask as plugs will stretch when pulled through the hole by their tabs and then relax to provide an air tight seal.
View more information here.