Leading global semiconductors specialist and manufacturer of multi-segment ICs, ST Microelectronics introduces a new range of general purpose voltage comparators designed for significant energy savings.
TS33 voltage comparators consume a third of the power used by currently available devices such as the LMV331 for the same response time.
ST’s latest voltage comparator addresses the demand for greater power efficiency and longer battery life in today’s portable electronics applications, in keeping with the company’s ongoing commitment to sustainability.
The ultra-low power device achieves a propagation delay of 200ns while consuming only 30µA of supply current, which is 66% lower than other solutions in the market. This unmatched energy efficiency allows ST customers to design products that use less power and have less impact on the environment.
ST’s ultra-low-power general-purpose voltage comparators are designed for signal-conditioning applications in mobile communications, battery-operated portable electronics, and alarm and security systems.
Key features of ST’s TS33 voltage comparators:
- Delivers a stable response time over a wide temperature range from -40ºC to +125ºC
- Offers superior ESD (Electrostatic Discharge Protection) capabilities
- Integrates an open-drain output and rail-to-rail inputs with a wide operating voltage range from 1.6V to 5V
- Greater design flexibility enabling the integration of ST’s comparator in 1.8V, 3V and 5V systems
- Available in single, dual and quad versions in space-saving SMD packages