ST Microelectronics , a world leader in microcontrollers has launched the STM32 Discovery Kit, a low-priced hardware development platform supported by free or very-low-cost downloadable development tools from major third-party vendors Atollic, IAR and Keil.
The STM32 Discovery Kit is a plug-in USB-powered development board that enables the easiest possible design starts using 32-bit microcontrollers.
As an ultra-low-cost and convenient starter platform, the STM32 Discovery Kit is particularly suited to the STM32 Value Line microcontrollers.
- Easy to set up and use by plugging into a PC
- Populated with a 24MHz, 64-pin STM32F100RBT6B Value Line device featuring a 128Kbyte Flash plus multiple timers, analogue peripherals and industry-standard serial interfaces
- ST-LINK in-circuit debugger allows work to start without further costs
- Extension connectors provided on the board enable easy connection to other boards or devices for deeper testing of the microcontroller peripherals
- 15 ready-to-run applications are available to help developers evaluate microcontroller features
“The kit is a fully integrated development environment including board, debugger, programmer and compiler. Developers will be able to benefit from the kit’s extensive capabilities as a low-risk and low-investment prototyping platform.”
The STM32 Discovery Kit hardware development platform further extends the accessibility of ST’s STM32 family featuring the advanced ARM Cortex-M3 32-bit processor.
About 135 STM32 variants are available that offer price/performance choices from the cost-conscious Value Line to the 72MHz Performance Line featuring up to 1-Mbyte Flash memory.
Other STM32 lines include the USB Access Line and Connectivity Line, which features industry-standard communication peripherals and the ultra-low-power STM32L series.
Pin assignments, software and peripherals are compatible across all variants ensuring outstanding flexibility for developers.
The STM32 Discovery Kit is available immediately from ST and its appointed distribution partners.