Global semiconductors leader, ST Microelectronics introduces one of the smallest three-axis digital gyroscopes in the world to their motion-sensing portfolio.
ST serves customers across the spectrum of electronics applications and is the leading supplier of MEMS for consumer and portable applications.
The addition of the compact three-axis digital output gyroscopes enables advanced motion sensing in ever-shrinking form factors of next-generation mobile phones, tablets and other smart consumer devices with a package size reduced by almost half over current-generation sensors.
ST’s L3G3200D 3-axis digital gyroscopes leverage a well-consolidated single-sensing structure to exhibit excellent robustness and immunity to mechanical stress, along with outstanding temperature stability to deliver high-performance motion measurement along all three orthogonal axes.
Key features of ST’s L3G3200D 3-axis digital gyroscopes:
- Compact form factor measuring only 3mm x 3.5mm x 1mm
- Addresses power constraints in battery-operated portable devices with smart power management
- Power-down and sleep modes, and an embedded FIFO (first-in first-out) memory block for smarter power management
- Can operate with any supply voltage over the range of 2.4 to 3.6V with selectable full-scale ranges of ±250/500/2000 dps
- Provides a 16-bit data output on the interrupt and data-ready lines
- Integrates low- and high-pass filters with user-selectable bandwidth
- Operates over an extended temperature range from -40ºC to +85ºC
- Includes a temperature sensor with an 8-bit data output