An entry-level microcontroller, the new STM32F401 features the ARM Cortex-M4 32-bit/DSP core. While running at lower frequency than other STM32F4 devices, it balances performance, power consumption and integration and offers a class-leading 105DMIPS at 84MHz, 187µA/MHz active current, 11µA typical STOP current, and a rich set of integrated features.
Qualities such as lower power consumption, tiny 3x3mm dimensions and 105°C ambient temperature capability make the STM32F401 microcontrollers ideal for managing sensors in medical and mobile applications or for fieldbus-powered industrial sensor modules.
Key features of STM32F401 microcontrollers:
- Allows zero wait-state operation from its 256 Kbyte on-chip Flash, using ST’s unique Adaptive Real-Time (ART) accelerator
- 12-bit 16-channel 2.4Msample/s ADC
- 12 communication ports including USB OTG, I2S, I2C and SPI
- Motor-control timer and multiple general-purpose timers
- Extends the STM32F4 series with 10 new part numbers, bringing the STM32F4 portfolio to over 90 part numbers
- Five package options from 3x3mm WLCSP up to 14x14mm LQFP100