ST Microelectronics introduces their new secure Calypso Revision 3 Smart Cards IC, which features the CD21-Rev3 chip that supports extra innovative services, compatible with the latest version of the Calypso ticketing open standard and offers backward compatibility with legacy Calypso readers.
Based on the ST Microelectronic’s CD21-2K and CD21-8K products, the CD21-Rev3’s secure microcontroller is the only Calypso Revision 3 solution produced by a non-card issuer. The CD21-Rev3 solution is certified compliant with all necessary and appropriate standards, such as the EMV global standard, the EAL5+ Common Criteria security assurance, the ISO/IEC 14443 and ISO/IEC 7816 smart-card standards and the EMVCo Level 1 radio interface specification.
Features of the Calypso Revision 3 Smart Cards IC CD21-Rev3:
- Dual interface for contact or contactless applications
- Contactless-only interface option 130nm process, secure EEPROM
- 4/8/18Kbytes EEPROM density (three options)
- ST23 secure processor core
- Compliant with Calypso Revisions 3, 2 and 1
- Compatibility modes with legacy Calypso products
- EN1545 standard data model
ST Microelectronics has been in partnership with the Calypso Networks Association for over 10 years, as well as dedicated providers in a range of microchips, chips and microcontrollers supporting all generations of standard.